We’ve moved to a new location. Below are the most recent posts:
Hop over and be sure to subscribe while you’re there.
Jessie approached me yesterday about pulling out and finishing the year as a homeschooler. We just had to make the decision to go full-time homebound from intermittent. The fact is, she simply hasn’t felt well enough to even go to school part time lately. As a result, she was in danger of compromising the rules of being classified as a homebound student. Therefore, we needed to change her classification.
I’m surprised that she is asking about homeschooling. Not that she’s against it or anything. Homeschool is not new to us. I homeschooled both kids for a few years in their elementary years. Our son, Wes, continued and will be finished this spring. Jessie had a desire go go back in the 5th grade.
Luckily for everyone involved, Jessie is a good student and has maintained good grades. But you feel like a little mouse running on one of those wheels constantly trying to catch up. The situation she’s been in since October is not easy, to say the least. At the end of the first semester, Jessie had to take incompletes in about 4-5 subjects with 15 days allowed to finish. If you don’t finish, you get an “F” for the assignment or exam. That particular week her head was hurting so badly that she really needed to go to the ER. She had to hold off because if she did go, the medicine would have put her out for a couple of days and she simply didn’t have that much time to finish exams. The decision to bear the brunt of the headaches so that she could complete the semester was hers. I watched her, worried, and wanted to take the burden, even tough I couldn’t. Long story short, it was very stressful and difficult. It seems as if every semester is the same, trying to catch up.
On the other hand, if she can just hang in there for 3 1/2 more months, she’ll be done. Not to mention the fact that I don’t even know where to begin looking into getting credit for only one semester of classes with distance learning. And there is always the hope that she will begin to feel better within the next month and be able to return to school.
I guess this is just something I will have to look into next week. Realistically, she will probably have to stick it out with school. But if there is any way to relieve the added burden…