Waiting

Yesterday began on a good note.  Jessie did get her braces off and her little (expensive) teeth are just beautiful.  Then, I hate to say it, but the day kind of went south from there.  

First of all, on the way back from the dermatologist, Jessie said her head was getting worse.  

Without going into too much detail, upon returning home, I had to get on the phone with Fed Ex over a delivery “mishap” on their part that is completely unbelieveable.  Let’s just say that there is an expensive bike part which has now made it across the country five, yes five, times – completely due to errors on their part.  They apologize profusely, then say there’s nothing that they can do but try to grab the box off the truck at the next stop which is in 5 business days.  This, I can assure you from past experience, will NOT happen.  Sheesh.

Next, I hear from the school that they have not received the form from Jessie’s doctor here in Georgia concerning her homebound status.  I call the doctors office, actually speak to the nurse and she reports that the doctor (note: this is a new doctor as we just moved to Georgia) received the letter from the other doctor in North Carolina stating that Jessie has been diagnosed with Neurally Mediated Hypotension as the result of a positive tilt table test and Clinical Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  Our Georgia doctor told us that from that letter, she has insufficient proof of the diagnosis.  What led the NC doctor to diagnosis her with CFS?  I responded that Jessica was diagnosed over three years ago in Virginia and that she has the record in her file of a positive diagnosis from her Virginia doctor as well as a second confirmation from a rheumatologist at Duke University.  Nope, sorry, not good enough.  

So, I call the doctor in North Carolina.  Proceed to fax a release for Jessie’s blood tests, etc.  Then I cross my fingers, pray, and throw salt over my shoulders that the proof which will be sent to our fabulous Georgia doctor will be sufficient so that the homebound form will be signed and faxed to the school.

If she doesn’t approve the status we have two choices.  Jessie would have to return to school, which we know really isn’t possible at the present moment.  Or her dad and I will have to pull her out, which isn’t that big of a deal except for the fact that I will have to figure out a way for her to get the other semester’s credit through a correspondence school. 

In Virginia we had a fabulous doctor and a terrible school.  In Georgia we have a fabulous school and a terrible doctor.  Does God just want to keep things interesting or what?

NOW I can have lunch.

*On a happy note, I was able to hide away in my studio later and finish a necklace that I was working on. Meditation in any form; it’s a good thing.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Daily Chronicle

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s